[elky] Re: Building a PC

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:38:58 -0500

Ordered the case - motivated by a rebate ending today... the Antec P183:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTgwOA==&lan=us

I've been very pleased with the Antec MX-1 enclosure, so I'm familiar
with the brand.  The P series is supposed to be quiet with some design
tweaks for air flow and cabling.

I looked at several cases at Microcenter this afternoon... my general
impression was the cases looked flimsy and beat up, but I'm sure lot's
of people have monkeyed with the display models.  I left Microcenter
thinking the Antec Nine Hundred Two was the best case (that they had
anyway), but after discovering the P series I started to think about
noise... I have good hearing and I'm no fan of noise... even if it's
just background noise.  I'm the guy at the concert with ear plugs...

Now on to the other components...
--
Chris Lindh
http://www.PartsForSpeed.com