[elky] Re: Building a PC

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:11:46 -0500

I haven't overclocked the processor yet, I'm busy migrating my data &
programs from XP to Windows 7.  So far so good.  I did "overclock" the
RAM via a XMP profile from the stock 1066 to 1600.  The profile sets
all the individual settings for you, which is handy.

I've seen the Corsair H50 cooler go on sale:

http://www.corsair.com/products/h50/default.aspx

Basically it's a self contained water cooling solution - at $50 on
sale it's tempting... I like the idea of a radiator in my PC... makes
it a real gearhead's PC.

--
Chris Lindh
http://www.PartsForSpeed.com