[elky] Re: Building a PC

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:24:40 -0500

The i7 P55 (860, 750) only have 2 channels for ram, the X58 (920, 975,
etc) use 3.  The interesting part is using current benchmarks the two
are very close so I'm not sure which I want... it'll probably come
down to the best deal.

It's crazy how much competition there is in the computing world...
just when Intel gets ahead AMD slashes prices to compete on price...
a lot has changed since I considered building a system last ('05)...
but some parts never change: new CPU designs force you to decide
whether you want a good price today or an upgrade path in the future.

--
Chris Lindh
http://www.PartsForSpeed.com