[elky] Re: Building a PC

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:02:34 -0600

Don't' buy a Maxtor hard drive.
Not sure about wd anymore, but look for a 5 yr warranty.. hitachi, seagate..

I'm usually partial to asus mainboards, but there are some other good ones
too.. good luck with msi also.

jim

Seagate has been real bad for a long time. They used to be good stuff but not anymore. I haven't had any problems with Maxtor but I always try to get WD drives as they are the best these days. The Raptor drives aren't worth the $ anymore. Better to get a 1tb or bigger drive as you get the larger drive and the speed of a Raptor because it has the same number and size of platters just the data is closer together so seek times are inherently less.