[duxuser] Re: specific cases of non-blind-friendliness

  • From: Susan <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:31:39 -0600

Catherine,

DBT recognizes and keeps Word's nonbreaking spaces, which is
Ctrl-Shift-Spacebar.

Note that when you open the file in Word, multiple soft spaces (pressing
the spacebar as usual) and nonbreaking spaces both appear as multiple
spaces in print. When you translate the file, the multiple soft spaces
become a single space (though they are still there if you Alt-F3), but
the nonbreaking spaces remain intact.

One thing to be aware on this, is that you must save the file and import
it into DBT. If you copy and paste the file, the nonbreaking spaces are
not honored when it is translated.

Susan

Catherine Thomas wrote on 3/17/2004, 7:02 PM:

      4. I hope this does not enter the area of a new feature, but I
would dearly love a way to translate a document that was done via word
processor leaving the spaces intact. In other words, the same way that
we can choose to compress or not compress skipped lines, I would love to
be able to choose ONLY SOMETIMES to show all countable spaces.