[duxuser] Re: specific cases of non-blind-friendliness

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:52:15 -0600

Hello Mark and listers,

    That attitude accounts for many of us being unemployed.  If you apply
for work at an agency or organization that requires its sighted transcribers
to use Duxbury you will be expected to use the same software hence the need
to make it more blind-friendly.  The failure of software developers to
consider access for the disabled when designing their products will only
shut more of us out of job opportunities, and other pursuits.  I heard at
one time Duxbury was considering the development of a hybrid package which
combined the features of both Duxbury and Megadots.  I guess that idea died
on the vine along with their E-Braille project.  Talk to you later.

Peter Donahue