[duxuser] Re: specific cases of non-blind-friendliness

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:22:57 -0600

Good afternoon everyone,

    About codes:
    It would be of help if quick references could be made available in both
print and Braille detailing the various Duxbury codes according to document
type.  For example, there could be a quick reference card for title page
codes, one for supplemental title pages, contents pages, one for index
pages, you get the idea.  Our instructor at Northwest Vista College did this
for the students in the Braille Textbook Transcription course, and it helped
out a lot.  It sure beats having to spend hours going throe that long list
of codes trying to find the ones for a particular page format.   Have them
grouped according to document type, or page type will make it easier for
those learning the Duxbury codes, and make look-up much faster.

Peter Donahue