[softwarelist] The failings of OvPro

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 19:56:32 +0100

In article <rvFPddBxkYePFwxo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> If I was to do document export, what would be the best format HTML, RTF,
> MS Word, or some sort of XML variant as used by Open Office.

> Given that only one of the above is ever going to be done.

It's interesting that Open Office Writer will display the MakeRTF files
out of OvPro (mostly) correctly, which can then be directly Saved as Word
files.

If you were to do a document exporter...

Now that is a poser.
Most of the stuff I need it for is quite simple, thus the RTF route, but
SWMBO writes books as well, each of which obviously has a somewhat more
complex layout.

MS Word exporter would be excellent but does limit the use, considering a
number of other folks now use OO and similar rather than Word.

My personal preference would be RTF, but as so many others would gain from
an OO converter, I guess that would be my second choice.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid