[softwarelist] Re: The failings of OvPro

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 12:52:50 +0100

Hi,

Joining in this discussion... As far as I know, TransRTF is RTF import (to OP), it does a conversion RTF to Ovation Pro DDL, and as with all the 'trans loaders' it is a command line program which is usually called by Ovation Pro.

Exporting RTF is what MakeRTF does.

As to Dave's original point, I've very sorry.

Word or RTF export is possible, but would always come a cropper over things OP can do that Word etc. can't. It just never got done. That was a big failing, the program would have been much more successful had we done MS Word support at the time Techwriter did it - we spent our time doing other less important things.

Third parties could have written these filters, but presumably decided they were not commercially viable.