[softwarelist] Re: The failings of OvPro

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:39:35 +0100

In article <PDNGWHBSGEePFw39@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
[Snippy]

> Word or RTF export is possible, but would always come a cropper over
> things OP can do that Word etc. can't. It just never got done. That was
> a big failing, the program would have been much more successful had we
> done MS Word support at the time Techwriter did it - we spent our time
> doing other less important things.

I guess this would be true of many things, in that often with
filters/converters, they have a reasonable go at the job, but often can't
do the full thing... Which is understandable, particularly as Word is such
a moving target, but a basic RTF converter should be possible.

> Third parties could have written these filters, but presumably decided
> they were not commercially viable.

Mnn! I don't know if any others have a use for a workable RTF
export/converter, but on a personal note, I wouldn't expect it to be
available for nothing.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid