[softwarelist] Re: The failings of OvPro

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 19:45:29 +0100

In article <6ef9337a52.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snippy]

> Firstly, I think older versions of Word, and there are a lot of people
> out there still use them, don't import ODT. There are converters, but
> how many of the "click, and if it doesn't work, complain" brigade
> would know about them?

Indeedy, we have both Word 2002 and Word 2007 and as the ribbon UI of Word
2007 is so awful (I re-edited the expletive out of that) we just don't use
it and have reverted to 2002.

As you note 2007 will load in .ODT files, but 2002 will not, but then
again OO will Save out as Word files anyway, so don't save as ODT.

Aside from OO itself, I can't say I've seen a stand-alone ODT to Word
converter.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid