[softwarelist] Re: The failings of OvPro

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 18:44:37 +0100

Hi,

In message <D9584403-8AFF-44A1-A277-EA4386B3BF03@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
But (David) are you proposing EXPORT only or also IMPORT … and for both
OP and OPW?

Par for the course would be to do import and then get fed up...

Seriously it would be good to do some sort of useful export. Pick a simple subset of the features of OP and limit ones ambitions.

If I stuck to the transloader system then it would be trivial to do versions for Win and RISC OS (I think that is what happened with the mark 2 RTF importer).

I like the way some people above are talking about pictures, so now I am writing a Draw to Windows Meta file convertor as well (maybe SVG for open office) - it summarises the difficulties.