[ciphershed] Re: Website & publicity

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 00:44:35 +0800

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:35:59 -0400
"Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> CipherShed is completely free data encryption software for keeping your data
> secure and private. Learn how to use CipherShed. [Make the aforementioned
> sentence a link to the Truecrypt User Guide documentation, our wiki, or
> whatever will most quickly and easily/painlessly show users what CipherShed
> is and how to use it. It would be ideal if we could rebrand and re-publish
> the TrueCrypt User Guide from v.7.1a]

I haven't seen the documentary; is it a thick documentary or an easy
explanation how to use TC?

I changed that order purposefully. :@

> The CipherShed project is open-source, which means everyone is encouraged to
> examine how it works and contribute new ideas and improvments. We believe
> greater participation leads to greater security and usability for everyone.
> To get involved, check out our mailing list, forum, source code [link to
> github], or come chat on IRC.
>
> For more information about the CipherShed project, please visit our Wiki.
>

> Hm, good point, Stephen. Niklas, how hard do you think it would be for us to
> have a nicely-stylised page like your screenshot without WordPress?

It would be easier than WP, but only I could edit it. I always use my
own WP theme. In fact I've been doing webdevelopment as a job for a
number of years now (see beautifulbits.de).

> Niklas, could it be easily architected to make it easy for us to make this
> switch in an emergency?

Sure, in an emergency it'd be a one-liner in the nginx config to switch
to a static html. We could prepare one so it doesn't take too long.

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.