[ciphershed] Re: Website & publicity

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 00:18:52 +0800

Stephen: you have a point there. Though as you already mentioned, .html
would mean I have to use vim to edit it -- which is ok -- but if I'm on
the road there will be no updates. An alternative would be giving others
chroot jailed ssh access, but I'm no fan of that.
Thus I resorted to WP because a) I know it and b) it's being actively
maintained and regularly updated, so it's something we shouldn't need
to worry about. That can of course be discussed.
Maybe there's already some kind of service that could take signed
emails by a fixed set of addresses and save them as a file? That could
work.

Alain: It would be even easier to move it out of WP into some static
html or php files. The problem is that then only I would be able to
edit. I'm usually always around at least my laptop, but there are rare
times when I'm not. That would suck. We have to weigh our options here.

I personally don't think bootstrap would be necessary. The page is very
simple, so it would be fairly easy to make a responsive layout out of
it. But CipherShed is a desktop software, so I think that wouldn't
even be necessary. Also we would still have the same problem about
editing and ssh.

Any pro's / con's about either using something like WP, or just having
me as a single editor? Maybe some completely different ideas?

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.