[ciphershed] Re: Website & publicity

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:23:18 +0800

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:40:28 -0400
"Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I certainly hope not! We certainly don't want to shut down discussion.
> However, in this case, if I had more time and there was interest, there is a
> whole pile of literature I could dig up and cite on user perceptions and
> website design.

I second that. Please keep commenting.

> But the bottom line is that Niklas and I feel that we need a more welcoming,
> user-friendly front to our website, and Niklas is willing to look into doing
> this. So I don't see any reason why he shouldn't go ahead and give it a shot,
> unless you're concerned that it will do *harm* to the project. If so, please
> tell us why, because we definitely want to avoid making things worse!

I did a quick "proof of concept" kind of page, which is only running
locally so far. here's a screen:
https://ciphershed.org/moin_static197/wp_screen_01.png
I believe that looks far more professional and inviting. It runs on WP,
so others can edit, write new status updates, update download links etc.

The text is just something simple I could think of, so it's not empty
there. The screenshot is an ugly screen I took myself on debian just to
have one there.

Let me know what you think; how we can improve it; whether you think
it's necessary at all.

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.