[ciphershed] Website & publicity

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 20:30:28 +0800

It appears that most people are more actively following the ML than the
forum, so I'll repost what I posted there here.

So far we have a wiki and a forum up and running. The wiki is good for looking
for information and documentations on the project, the forum is good for
discussion. None of them is good for a first public presence.

As another goal for the first release I would suggest that we have a nice,
clean frontpage at ciphershed.org with the forum and wiki being either at
(wiki/forum).ciphershed.org or ad ciphershed.org/(forum/wiki). I believe that
that appearance will be a major factor how much the common audience is able to
trust the project, and how seriously we will be taken as an end-user product
and not a geek-tool.

I could create a simple suggestion around the end of next week and host it
somewhere else, so we can discuss it.

What I think it should contain:

- these links (not too many!): home, download, wiki, forum
- home containing recent updates on the development / release process (maybe
short blogposts?) and a screenshot of the software (people love those).

Of course this list is a) most likely not finished yet and b) things may be
shifted around (e.g. maybe create a doc page with simple install instructions
and screenshots?)

What do you think?

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.