[ciphershed] Re: Website & publicity

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:59:30 +0800

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 22:43:45 -0400
Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬
> <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:47:33 -0400
> > "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> * How-To:
> >> ** I like your sentence here. However, could we change the second sentence
> >> to, "For a How-To on TrueCrypt, please see the TrueCrypt User Guide", and
> >> the last three words should like to our locally hosted copy (which I don't
> >> think yet exists) of the TrueCrypt User Guide, which you can download
> >> here: https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/TrueCrypt%20User%20Guide.pdf
> > Exactly, doesnt exist yet, which is why it's not a link yet. As soon as
> > it exists I'll link it ;)
>
> You can always link to it in our GitHub? But it might move locations
> as development goes on (thus breaking the link).
> Direct Link:
> https://github.com/CipherShed/CipherShed/blob/master/Release/Setup%20Files/TrueCrypt%20User%20Guide.pdf?raw=true
>
> >> ** I'm wondering if we should avoid using monikers/pseudonyms, at least on
> >> this public-facing site. Normal people aren't going to understand, and
> >> it's going to kind of look like we're trying to be anonymous-ish (yes,
> >> even though the mapping of pseudonyms to real names is on the About page.
> >> We can't assume everyone is going to bother looking that far).
> > Yea, maybe.. I'll think about it.
>
> I've thought about that too. The public would like to see names, not
> things like srg, WaywardGeek, PID0, compul. It makes sense and is
> comfortable for us (and the majority of the internet community), but
> maybe we should stick that stuff on the development wiki instead of
> the main site?

I think most of the issues who did what won't be interesting to most
users. But on the news blog it says "Published xxx by compul / srg" at
the moment. Maybe we should change our names.

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.