[ciphershed] Re: Website & publicity

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:35:59 -0400

Nice; overall, I like it. Clean, simple, and straightforward. We can get
fancier/prettier if there's ever someone with the skills, desire, and time to
do so.

A few suggestions:
* Regarding the Home, News, Download, About, Wiki, Forum links:
** They should be left-aligned instead of right-aligned
** The About link should either be the left-most, second left-most (if we keep
the Home link), or right-most link.
* I would change the text to something like:

CipherShed is completely free data encryption software for keeping your data
secure and private. Learn how to use CipherShed. [Make the aforementioned
sentence a link to the Truecrypt User Guide documentation, our wiki, or
whatever will most quickly and easily/painlessly show users what CipherShed is
and how to use it. It would be ideal if we could rebrand and re-publish the
TrueCrypt User Guide from v.7.1a]

CipherShed is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. [I deliberately ordered
them like this because I think (but may be wrong) that this is most common, and
ordered by overall OS market share]

The CipherShed project is open-source, which means everyone is encouraged to
examine how it works and contribute new ideas and improvments. We believe
greater participation leads to greater security and usability for everyone. To
get involved, check out our mailing list, forum, source code [link to github],
or come chat on IRC.

For more information about the CipherShed project, please visit our Wiki.

Hm, good point, Stephen. Niklas, how hard do you think it would be for us to
have a nicely-stylised page like your screenshot without WordPress?

Alain