[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners' feelings

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:38:45 -0500

Hi, Mike. Bookshare hasn't been around for 40 years. I guess you mean 4?
<smile> Anyway, I know what you mean, though. I didn't start scanning as
soon as I joined Bookshare. I validated a bit before I started scanning, so
I guess I've been scanning for Bookshare for maybe only a year and a half,
give or take a few, and thus far, I've gotten no rejection notices and I'm
proud of that. Of course, that doesn't mean my submissions are perfect. Some
might be far from it, especially the early ones, but you're right, and
that's how I look at everything: We're always learning, regardless of what
we're talking about. I'm always willing to improve what I do, if someone
gives me suggestions for doing something better. I want the collection to be
as good as we can make it, and if, in some small way, making my submissions
as good as I can make them helps with that, I gladly do that. Take care.
Julie Morales
Children are fragile. Handle with prayer. --Unknown