[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners' feelings

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:22:54 -0600

Hi Lissi,
I try to read my scans before I submit them, and fix all the errors. That
way if the person who validates it only does minimum checking the book will
still be excellent quality, and if the validator chooses to read the book it
will be a pleasant experience and the book can be approved quickly.

If a validator somehow makes an error, it usually causes the book to be
kicked back to step 1 rather than rejected. If you rejected a book because
it had too many indecipherable passages, that's perfectly proper. If someone
accidentally rejects a book for the wrong reason and discovers it, he/she
can write to Gustavo, explain the problem, and have the book duly
resurrected for reprocessing.

If it's any comfort, I would have no qualms about you validating books I
submitted. You have a great attitude and a tremendous respect for books.
Everyone starts out new and makes mistakes; what's important is learning
from them and improving.
Kellie