[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners' feelings

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:05:52 -0500 (EST)

Julie

We are all constantly learning, and that goes for almost everything in
life, not just book scanning and validating.
I try keeping ego out of the equation so I don't fret over what a book's
final rating ends up being.
They generally end up excellent as I tend to indicate, but if a validator
arbitrarily changes it, so what!  It's one person's opinion which hardly
is going to matter in the grand scheme of things.
I know I put my best effort into it, and that's all I can do.

And as for rejections, which Lissi asked about, I have had only one in 40
plus submissions -- and that was because 2 individuals happened to submit
the the saame book at the same time and the arbitrary choice was to reject
mine as it got through the queue slower.
I wouldn't submit something I believed not to be of good enough quality
for the collection, and have stopped scanning several books because of
that.
Hence, if I got a rejection without input as to why, I'd take that as an
arbitrary individual decision and after relooking at the book, I'd likely
just submit it again.