[bksvol-discuss] Re: braille contractions

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:45:34 -0700

Just yesterday I received the magazine "braille memorandum" which is the
publication of the Braille Revival League, ACB's special interest group. Kim
Charlson who is the present BANA chairman had quite a lengthy article
concerning their meeting and in it states that the U.S. is taking no
position at this time. Similar information is also available on their web
site which is www.brailleauthority.org. Other countries are free to use the
revised UEBC but the U.S. will do nothing at the present time. You will
notice that the article you posted doesn't say that the U.S. has adopted the
code and will be using it at this time.