[bksvol-discuss] Re: braille contractions

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:04:38 -0700

You need to be a member of the Braille Revival League to receive the
magazine. However,  much of the material contained in Kim's article is also
on their web site that I mentioned previously. For those of us who really
care about braille, we need to be especially vigilant and knowledgeable and
let our voices be heard where they may do some good, not just complain to
each other on lists. Materials in braille have been circulated in the past
for anyone interested explaining the changes if adopted and also how they
would affect math and chemistry notation. A surprisingly small number of
people took advantage of this opportunity or responded to the survey, so if
it weren't for the opposition of the national organizations, I'm sure UEBC
would probably be adopted by now in the U.S. as well.