[bksvol-discuss] Re: braille contractions

  • From: Charles Wadman <cewadman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:28:12 -0700

The new braille code has not yet been implemented by BANA, but will be someday.

The new code (UEBC) could very possibly be ignored by math and technical readers as the Nemeth Code is more efficient. (Unless there have been significant changes that haven't filtered down to me!)

Charlie

At 12:09 PM 7/6/2004, you wrote:

As for the new braille code, I wish they would leave well enough
alone, and leave it as is, the braille code that we all know and are
quite happy with, thank you very much. I hope if it ends up being used
it's restricted to math and technical sorts of material.

Pam