[bksvol-discuss] Re: braille contractions

  • From: "Sharon Jackson" <dolly1025@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:20:32 -0400

I completed my braille course for my graduate classes last year and there was no mention of any such changes. I know the unified Braille Code was passed, but whether or not BANA has adopted it, I'm not sure.

Sharon

From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: braille contractions
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:08:29 -0700

I had not heard that "to" and "by" were now being separated and hope it isn't true. In the book I am validating, most of the time these words are contracted and adjoin the following word. The reason I asked the question is that I have no idea how I could correct this. Does this have to do with the Duxbury translation, and if so, I wonder why it isn't always done.