[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions about brackets, Braille translation, and multiple spaces between words

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:57:08 -0500

Hi Jamie,

Thanks much for the follow-up/clarification. This is really making me think
that Bookshare's using Duxbury as its Braille translator, then. I just
checked, and Duxbury does indeed write out the { and } symbols as words, but
those words are "left-brace" and "right-brace" and not "left bracket" and
"right bracket", but the other info she provided seems consistent with
Duxbury, and still, it's comforting to know that I didn't do something
terribly wrong on the book! It's also nice to know that I can continue to
use brackets, as, like you, I prefer doing it that way (as she said, they're
not common in books, so if I use them, there's a better chance that the
reader will understand that I put them in to denote the front, back, and
inside covers, and that this denotation was not originally in the text).
Anyway, thanks again.

Regards,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic