[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbering

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:07:40 -0700

Hi Debby,

        Word will tell you where page breaks are, either visually, if you
can see, or auditorily if you are using a screen reader.  So, if you aren't
seeing page breaks, you might need to tell us more about what your software
is, and whether you are using any adaptive software and what that is.

        Don't worry that bookshare's tools disagree with the page count.
The book won't be rejected if the number that you get and the number that
the tools get are not the same.  Bookshare's tools don't always seem to
count well unless pages are numbered with arabic numerals, so get confused
about preliminary pages.  The best way to be certain about the proper number
of pages in a book is to find the number of the last page in the book, and
add the number of preliminary pages to that number.  That will give you the
total number of pages.

        If I haven't answered your questions sufficiently, please, ask
again.  Also, you might find the scanning and proofreading manual a helpful
resource as you figure out all of the vagueries of proofreading.  And we're
always here to help you out!

It's great to have you with us!

Mayrie