[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbering

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:24:47 -0700

Hi Debby,

If deleting the blank pages at the beginning of the book doesn't throw off
numbering, and the book has a title page, I wouldn't consider it necessary
to add them back into the book.  Some books have pieces of paper on them
with nothing on them at the beginning of the book that are end papers and
have nothing on them.  And if your book has a title page already containing
title, author, and publisher, there really isn't any need to add another
page with the title on it.  Especially since you aren't working with the
hard copy of the book and can't check.  I'd be willing to bet that the
submitter of the book just scanned every single piece of paper between the
covers of the book, and some of them are end papers, blank pages present to
protect the pages of the book.

        It is optional whether you put lower case Roman numerals on the
preliminary pages that are not numbered in arabic numerals.  It isn't a
requirement, but is a practise many of us have taken on.  Since bookshare
has very few actual "requirements", I try to just do the best with a book
that I can do to make it as readable to as many people as possible.

Not very helpful, is it?

Mayrie