[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbering

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:16:27 -0500

Hi Roger!

Just to be on the safe side, since someone said a page that could be blank might actually have the title that might be in a funky font, I pasted the pages back on the beginning and worked backwards from the first numbered page numbering with lowercase Roman numerals according to some advice, and wrote [This page is blank] where the pages looked blank to me and Window-Eyes, and that seemed to work.

Debby

At 09:33 AM 10/28/2009, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote
As for me, I think that if I had a book with blank pages before the title page I would find the first numbered page and count backward to find out if those blank pages are counted in the book's pagination. If they are not I would delete them. If they are they need to be designated as blank pages and numbered. If there are no Roman numbered pages and the first numbered page is an Arabic numbered page, but the backward counting takes you to page 1 before the preliminary material has been reached then I would delete the initial blank pages and start numbering them in Roman with the first page that had something on it.

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
" Malcolm X

The Militant: <http://wwww.themilitant.com>http://www.themilitant.com Pathfinder Press: <http://www.pathfinderpress.com>http://www.pathfinderpress.com Granma International: <http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html>http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbering
Date:
10/28/2009 12:55:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi Mayrie!

Thanks for more helpful suggestions.  I am learning so much from this list.

Since those pages I deleted might have the title in a funky font on one and
the other might be blank, should I paste them at the beginning of the book
the way they were?  I am not working off of the downloaded copy, but
back-ups for each day's work with the date in it's title.

Also, should I put lowercase Roman numerals on each page that doesn't have
a number in the hard copy as you do?  I do not have a hard copy of the book
I am proofreading.

Debby

At 11:14 PM 10/26/2009, Mayrie ReNae wrote

--
Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming
about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the