[bksvol-discuss] Re: baffelling problem.

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:13:38 -0500

Hi Amber, Mayrie and everyone!

The book I am proofreading now I have noticed doesn't have chapter titles, so what I am doing is going to the table of contents and getting them from there and pasting them into the beginning of the chapter so I can go ahead with the bolding and boosting the font size to 16 point to make the titles a header.

Debby

At 10:37 AM 10/25/2009, Mayrie ReNae wrote
Hi Amber,

As others have suggested, it is likely that you have a running header in a funky font, which you confirmed. If what you are finding is the chapter headings, you do need to add those in in a readable font, usually by typing those in by hand. The running header of book title and/or author does need to be deleted, but if the chapter headings are the things that are not scanning legibly, those need to be there and need to be typed in if they didn't scan. I come across this problem a lot and have to get help from someone who can see to tell me what the handwritten chapter titles say so that I can type them in.

Just another idea.

Mayrie