[AZ-Observing] Re: What do you use to make up an observing list?

  • From: Paul Lind <pulind@xxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 17:54:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I've been enjoying this thread and would like to hear more about long term
computer logging of observations. I've been using Excel for the Herschel II
list, but that's a straightforward and fixed list. What do you do when a single
object is numbered differently in several different catalogs. Also, how do you
log several observations of the same object over a long time period (and
perhaps under different names)?

Also, in Excel, I've accidently destroyed an entire log file while re-sorting,
so I've learned to always save a golden reference copy.

Paul Lind