[AZ-Observing] Re: What do you use to make up an observing list?

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 06:30:07 -0700

Steve,

Celestial Harvest by James Mullaney.
(http://store.doverpublications.com/0486425541.html ) The premise of the
book for those who are not familiar is 300 show pieces for "backyard"
telescopes.

The version I have is the original spiral bound book which I bought from
Warren many moons ago, not the more recent perfect bound version that is
currently available. It is organized by constellation and this is nice
because I can just fold it open to where I am in the sky and work my way
through the list. When I got back into astronomy around 1999 I never
appreciated double stars until I started working through this book. I have
two copies of this and one has had my observations entered into it as I
worked through the various constellations.

I actually sat down and took the time to enter all the data of the book
(including descriptions) into an Access database that the telescope control
program I wrote for my Atlas EQ can use.

Beevo