[AZ-Observing] Re: What do you use to make up an observing list?

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 17:01:39 -0700

If you can stand one more. I use Skymap pro v11. I like the way one can
create a "target list" base on specific search criteria or use one of the
many that are available with the program or user contributed (I have
actually contributed quite a few based on SAC Observing Lists. The list can
be sorted by best observation times, or nay number of other criteria.

The user interface is easy and quick to pick up, in fact when I first used
the demo versio all those years ago, I was getting useful output 5 minutes
after installing it. The printed maps are of high quality (You'll remember
them from the Fuzzy Spot columns when I was editor of the NL. Finally
Support is by far the best I've seen from a Small one man operation as this
is. But you knew that because you've used it as well :)

Rick Tejera
Saguaro Astronomy Club
www.saguaroastro.org
Thunderbird Amateur radio Club (K7TEJ)