Re: [ARMini-support] SparkFS and Fat32fs

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:58:00 +0000 (GMT)

On 16 Nov, A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've also noticed that NetSurf seems more stable that it did, which
> > prompted me to try this.

> Just wondering if this is the age-old Netsurf image bug...  The
> (tinct?) module isn't fully ARMv7-safe, so in choices in Netsurf, make
> sure image rendering is set to "Use OS default" for both settings.

Yes. I'd been alerted to that. Had it set to use the OS for some time. IIRC
you warned me about the problem when my better half got her ARMiniX.

Sods Law being what it is, NetSurf will now go wrong. But it hasn't crashed
on me at all so far since I quit having Fat32Fs running. Perviously it
crashed every now and then. But I didn't keep a record of how often so I'm
not sure how long a crash-free period would need to be to become
significant.

> Also, I *believe* FAT32 support has been implemented in DOSFS (although
> I not 100% sure) but I suspect it'll only be for up to 4gb since DOSFS
> is an image filing system, which means it is designed for single-file
> DOS images.  Under the newer filecore builds that means 4gb max.

That prompts me to say that I do find the DOSFS module listed. Might that
be arguing with Fat32Fs? i.e. Do I need the DOSFS module at all, and is it
worth simply unplugging it? Is it needed for something like filetype
mappings? Afraid I can't remember.

Jim