Re: [ARMini-support] SparkFS and Fat32fs

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:19:02 +0000 (GMT)

On 12 Nov, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <53a983c64bjcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
>    <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 1) Am I correct in that the ARMiniX doesn't need Fat32fs to read the
> > FAT partition on the mains SD card once the bootup is complete? i.e.
> > once the machine has booted the Fat partition should simply be ignored
> > and no access to it is needed.

> Assuming you have a normal 'dual partition' card, then Fat32Fs is *not*
> needed at all for the boot process.

OK. I just used Fat32Fs again, then having finished with it I rmkilled it
and did a rmtidy.

I then tried SparkFS. That worked without a problem. So I tried Pluto, and
am now typing this.

Only done this once so far, but it looks like it prevents the problem on a
first try.

For the next day or two I'll rmkill and rmtidy it after use and see how I
get on. If that seems to go on being a 'fix' I'll take it out of my boot
and only use it as-and-when-needed.

I've reported this to Jeff. He's baffled for understandable reasons. But
maybe I can get some more dianostics at some point.

Jim