Re: [ARMini-support] SparkFS and Fat32fs

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 11:38:09 +0000 (GMT)

On 02 Nov, jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 01 Nov, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sounds like you have some problems with the set up of your machine.

> 3) Now the SD socket seems to have ceased working. Until now it has been
> fine.

Hmmm... I've just tried another experiment.

I tried a *Fat* SD card in the slot. This opened and was OK. Dismounted it
OK.

Then tried one of the ADFS SD cards again. *That* mounted ok and was usable
and I dismounted it with no problem.

So the problem seems to be that *unless* I get Fat32fs to access a Fat SD
card *first*, I can't mount/use an ADFS SD card in the slot.

The common factor with the SparkFS problem seems to be Fat32fs. Maybe it is
booting up determined to recognise anything in the slot as Fat and throws
its toys out of the pram if the first thing it sees is ADFS!

I'll see if these problems manifest again later today after a break. Until
then, any diagnosis/fix would be welcome! If the problem recurs I'll see if
the habit of using a right-click on the icon dodges the bullet...

Jim