Re: [ARMini-support] SparkFS and Fat32fs

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:36:30 GMT

> Just found another curio. A while ago I created a relatively large jpeg
> (about 2500 x 1200 pixels) of a circuit diagram to send to someone. I'd
> checked this looked OK with various apps. All OK - except NetSurf crashed
> whenever I tried to get it to load the file. Tried this a few times over a
> few days as I experimented.

> Later on I decided to put a copy on my websites. Again when I checked it
> crashed NetSurf. Which deterred me at the time.

> Now that I *don't* have Fat32Fs running by default I've found that NetSurf
> loads and displays the jpeg OK when I just tried it.

> I've also noticed that NetSurf seems more stable that it did, which
> prompted me to try this.

Just wondering if this is the age-old Netsurf image bug...  The
(tinct?) module isn't fully ARMv7-safe, so in choices in Netsurf, make
sure image rendering is set to "Use OS default" for both settings.

Also, I *believe* FAT32 support has been implemented in DOSFS
(although I not 100% sure) but I suspect it'll only be for up to 4gb
since DOSFS is an image filing system, which means it is designed for
single-file DOS images.  Under the newer filecore builds that means
4gb max.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS