Re: [ARMini-support] SparkFS and Fat32fs

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:16:49 +0100 (Custom)

In article <53a965f04ejcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I get a problem with using
> Fat32Fs leaving the machine in an 'odd' state. I've now found that as
> well as SparkFS some other apps - e.g. Pluto - also fail to work if I
> try them after having used Fat32Fs.

I don't know if it's very helpful, but none of the problems you described
have ever arisen here. Regularly, I use a 64Gb memory stick (single
partition) for backup purposes. No matter how often I mount and dismount
it, both Pluto and SparkFS keep working normally. I don't have to RMkill
and RMtidy, or reset anything.

Fat32FS is in Predesk of an ARMiniX 5.19, which seems to be the same setup
as yours. Now, is this encouraging - or disappointing?

Best wishes,
Paul Sprangers

--
http://www.riscos.sprie.nl