Re: [ARMini-support] SparkFS and Fat32fs

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:44:25 +0000 (GMT)

Jim

It seems odd that others have not noticed problems. I use Fat32Fs and
SparkFS on Iyo, BB, PB and RPi and have not noticed anything
untoward. Admittedly my use of memory sticks is not frequent - all
machines have a Fat32Fs SSD, and all are networked. I do
mount/dismount other drives at times for backup purposes.

One thing that comes to mind - have you checked the size of the RMA
(Module area)? Fat32Fs keeps the disc map in RMA, and doesn't
routinely release it when the disc is dismounted. The disc map is
large (many MB for a SSD), and often continues to grow if you keep
mounting and dismounting devices. You might not think that is too
important on a 1GB machine. However, the RMA is limited to a maximum
of 256MB by the OS, and I have seen mine reach the limit when
mounting/dismounting 300GB drives. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

--
        Chris Johnson