[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:45:32 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
So if even approximately colorimetric sensors with an individual let me call it "general-purpose factory calibration" don't work sufficiently well for measuring a display device, I don't want to image how non-colorimetric sensors w/o any factory calibration will work...

Yes, I agree. That's why I think that the HCFR probe (while a valiant
project, and still of considerable use for some types of displays), is
probably not a good instrument for general display calibration and profiling.
The best low cost choice currently is probably the Huey.