[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:04:18 +1100

lee scratchy wrote:
well x= red and y = green, no ?

No.

I should ignore the realtime measures and only do as said with the R++ G-- B+
instructions ?

That's the best way to proceed. You should see the DE decline as you get closer
to the target white.

but sometimes B is higher than the "ideal" measure to reach and it still says
"B+" ?!

How do you known that ?

let me rephrase "If I lower the green contrast on my DLP projector , then "y"
> increases in the ARGYLL precalibration measures ?!"

As so it might. x = X/(X+Y+Z), y = Y/(X+Y+Z) where X,Y, and Z are the
measured CIE standard observer values.

my projector has no setting for the primaries, only brightness/contrast for
R/G/B

Hmm. Awkward. You need to get some rough idea what brightness and contrast
actually
do. It could be that if it's a CRT projector that contrast sets the maximum
level
(the gain), and brightness sets the offset, in which case you should
probably set the black point first (using R/G/B brightness), and then
white point (using R/G/B contrast). You may need to go around
a couple of times. But if it's an LCD or the controls don't operate normally,
you'll have to figure it out for your self.