[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 04:41:12 +0000

Hi again Graeme,

thanks for the helpful reply ;)

OK so I'm totally in love with the L* gamma.

it makes my HD movies look much more natural, it's just amazing! like watching
through a window.

picture is a bit too bright though, but I fix it with +4 levels mapping in
ffdshow to make it a tad darker.

so here's the HCFR diagram with "dispcal -v -yl -t6500 -p0,0,2 -gl -qh test" :
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3100lpc6.gif

I've never been able to get such a low deltaE with the HCFR app or the
spyder2pro app

The thing is that the "-qh" made the process take around 90 mins, maybe more :)

I understood the Eye One Display was much more accurate when it comes to deltaE
measurements(almost similar to the Eye One Pro), and that it was sensitive up
to 20 IRE with a videoprojector....the spyder2 is sensitive up to 30 IRE, and
needs much longer integration time as you said...

also the s2 would be quite off when it comes to creating CIE
diagrams....compared to the eye one display/Pro...but I don't care too much
about that.

do you think the Eye One Display is more accurate than the s2 when it comes to
DE measurements ?
I'm still hesitating to upgrade, considering only the red levels are off <30
IRE when used with argyll with "-qh"....

anyhow I'm really happy with the PQ now, kudos for such a nice little app ;)

Best Regards,

-Maxime