[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 00:11:18 +1100

lee scratchy wrote:

OK so I'm totally in love with the L* gamma.
it makes my HD movies look much more natural, it's just amazing!
> like watching through a window.

Interesting.

The thing is that the "-qh" made the process take around 90 mins, maybe more :)

That's quite long, but probably because the sensor reading is so slow
for dark colors. That's the tradeoff - you can make it more repeatable (and
possibly accurate) with long integration times, but add that to -qh,
and it may take a while!
Drift in the equipment may be an issue over that time period too.

I understood the Eye One Display was much more accurate when it comes to
> deltaE measurements(almost similar to the Eye One Pro), and that it was
> sensitive up to 20 IRE with a videoprojector....the spyder2 is sensitive
> up to 30 IRE, and needs much longer integration time as you said...

The main advantage of the Eye One Pro is that it is going to be more
accurate with any spectrum that a colorimeter has been specially
calibrated to. The disadvantage is that it tends to collect less
light than a colorimeter, so you really need a longer integration time
to give a repeatable reading.

do you think the Eye One Display is more accurate than the s2 when it comes to
DE measurements ?
I'm still hesitating to upgrade, considering only the red levels are off <30
IRE when used
> with argyll with "-qh"....

My experience with my particular Spyder 2, is that it is in worse
agreement with all the other instruments I have, when measuring
my CRT screen. Now I have no way of knowing whether this is typical
of all the Spyder 2's out there (I would need to test a few more),
but it makes me wonder about them.