[argyllcms] Re: Beta RGB As a Color Workspace

  • From: <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:44:04 +0100

Iliah Borg said:
<< Why? Much depends on what the goal is. Sometimes (often in my case) steps
others consider unnecessary are necessary, and help avoid complexity.
Without stating the goal and recognising goals can be different no protocol
can possibly work.>>

I was referring to having to convert from sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB to
one's working space of choice after having opened the image from Lightroom
to Photoshop - because Lightroom only currently offers these options.  So
the current offering may be simpler, but it leads to more actions required
(and so is more complex and more error-prone).  If Lightroom (as I'm sure it
will) allowed BetaRGB, for example, to be specified as the editing space for
Photoshop (as ACR does), that extra conversion in Photoshop would not be
required.

Robert