[argyllcms] Re: Beta RGB As a Color Workspace

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 08:09:54 -0700

On Jul 17, 2014, at 7:41 AM, Chris Lilley <chris@xxxxxx> wrote:

> A useful addition would be to compute the aggregate hull for a set of
> images, (for example, if they will be displayed together) so they al
> end up using the same mapping and colours stay consistent. That could
> fairly easily be done by just tiling them into one temporary mosaic
> image.

Argyll's tiffgamut already has this:

> Note that the filtering is performed independently on each raster image
> processed, with the final gamut being the union of all the filtered image
> gamuts.

I suppose there could be questions of weighting depending on the ordering of
the operations, but that's only going to be a real-world problem if the images
are significantly different...in which case you're going to lose most of the
advantages from filtering in the first place....

b&