-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox Revisited

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:30:53 -0500

You can come out from under the covers now....

A new hard drive can run from $40 up depending on size and speed and where
you buy it.  Used ones are even cheaper.  Used 40GB hard drives run about
10 - $20 around here.

If you go that route, you should protect your existing drive as well as
possible.  It sure would help if we knew what parameters the drive was
exceeding.  Check the interior of your computer for cleanliness and cooling
air flow.

With a new drive installed as the MASTER and the old drive installed as a
SLAVE you can simply copy from old to new, once you have the OS and desired
software installed.

It is impossible for anyone to guess when or even IF your drive will fail
and how catastophic that failure might be.  If your confidence level is high
minimize use of the drive until you have saved all data on it, if it is low
stop all use of the drive until you have saved all your data.

Don