[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:10:17 -0400

Mike Geary shares with us:

"The very, very, very, very,very last thing I want is to have to go to a
religious institution for anything ever."

Really?  I would never have guessed.  You are usually so subtle in these
matters.

Mike again:

"Existence ain't free, there are dues, Junior, and the more you benefit
from human society, the steeper your dues."

I am not sure who is denying this.  It seems to me the question was how
the dues are meted out.  It seems to me that if I have dues to pay, that
I ought to be the one most responsible for paying them out.  Getting
government to do it for me strikes me as, in some way, shirking my
responsibilities.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON