[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:33:21 -0400

I'll
> change it to "is the USA in danger of BECOMING a third world country?"

A.A. When the price of an ordinary car is half a year's salary for an
average person, I'd say that's pretty third world.  Beyond that, though, we
do have social services, SS, Medicare, Medicaid.  I was thinking along the
lines of many South and Central American countries where there are poor and
rich and no middle class and certainly no social services.  That's where
the U.S. is heading.

Andy