[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:44:37 +0100

Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 4:00:42 PM, Paul Stone wrote:

PS> I would be able to spend my OWN money on things I want to instead of giving
PS> more than half of it to a government to subsidize a bunch of people who
PS> AREN'T giving half of THEIR money. For ME, personally, it would be an
PS> 'improved' life. It kills me that people who make paltry sums of money, and
PS> people on public assistance can get free dental care while I CAN'T AFFORD
PS> to go to the dentist.

Is that some quirk of the Canadian Health Service? (Sorry, I don't
know what your health system's called.) Here it can be very hard to
find an NHS dentist who's taking new patients (there's no problem in
Cardiff, but that's unusual), but no-one has to pay any more than
anyone else for NHS dental treatment, there are though some groups who
are exempt -- exempt list here:

http://www.centralservicesagency.com/display/dental_charges

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx