[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:31:59 -0400

>Tax freedom day in Canada is some time in June (I seem to remember) and
>it doesn't bother me as much as you might think.

What's "tax freedom day"?

>I know that a lot of my money is boondoggled, but it also pays for decent
>health care for me
>and all my 62 million neighbours.

62? When did our population double? no WONDER my taxes are so high. I'm
supportin' 30 million furreners too.

>(Canadian health cards, by the way, fetch a pretty penny on your side of
>the border.)

Yeah, and because of this, _I_ as a Canadian born citizen had to spend 4
hours of MY time (during business hours, that's 10-3:30 for the gubment,
without restitution) to go and get a new health card IN person because they
didn't believe that I didn't suddenly become a foreigner who was prone to
health-care fraud, so they couldn't mail it out to me. And... since I live
in a small town, the original process was for me to drive to the next
nearest city and wait in a line that is about as the newest ride at the
local amusement park. It was only after I spent an hour on the phone to
various ministries that I managed to set up an appointment on the
once-a-month community outreach program in my little town. The guy treated
me like a criminal when I told him that I thought the process was a waste
of my time and money. It's GREAT to be Canadian!!!

complaining as always.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada